Visual arts have been part of Hanaholmen’s activities from the beginning.
The Swedish state’s gift in 1967 guaranteed the artistic ornamentation, and art exhibitions and art seminars have since been a regular occurrence at Hanaholmen.
The collection consists of a few major ordered works, a number of significant paintings and sculptures, a large amount of graphic works and some photographic works of art. The collection also includes donations as well as a medal collection that mostly has been added since 1975.
Below you can find a selection of artworks from our collection:
- Kauko Räsänen (1926-2015): Bronze doors, 1975 (SE)
- Stig Fredriksson (1929-2008): Sundance, 1967 (FI)
- Siri Derkert (1888-1973): Mother and child, 1965 (SE)
- Hreinn Friðfinnsson (1943–): Contribution, 1995-2000 (IS)
- Susanne Gottberg (1964–) & Markus Kåhre (1969–): Art Corridor, 2017 (FI)
6. Heikki Häiväoja (1929–2019): Interaction, 1975 (FI)
7. Peter Dahl (1934–2019): Color lithographies (SE)
8. Åsa Wrange (1954–): Woman with suitcase, 2009 (SE)
9. Pirkko Nukari (1943–): Plover´s beach, 1983 (FI)
10. Marjatta Weckström (1932–2017): Seasons, 1975 (FI)
11. Philip von Schantz (1928–1998): Lost in the woods, 1973 (SE)
12. Marika Mäkelä (1947–): Birdy bird, 1974 (FI)