Media Freedom In The Baltic Region
Speaking Is Silver – Hanaholmen international Freedom of Expression Day
What has changed around here since the fall of the Berlin Wall? Who can we trust? What can we believe? How can we increase credibility by international cooperation?
In cooperation with Civil Rights Defenders, Stockholm.
18.00 AROUND THE SAMOVAR
Media Overview and Current Challenges for Journalists Around the Baltic.
- Katja Lehtisaari, researcher, Editor-in-chief of the Finnish Review of East European Studies, University of Helsinki
- Kaius Niemi, Editor-In-Chief Helsingin Sanomat, Chair, IPI Finland
- Anders Mård, journalist, Finland
- Darja Saar, Editor-In-Chief, ETV+, Tallinn, Estonia
- Sanita Jemberga, Executive Director and Editor, Re:Baltica Center Of Investigative Journalism, Riga, Latvia
20.00 Conference Dinner
10.30-16.00 Seminar: MEDIA FREEDOM IN THE BALTIC REGION
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
- Overview of the Baltic Media Field.
Editor-In-Chief Darja Saar, ETV+, Estonia
Civil Rights Development In The Baltic Region
Programme Director Joanna Kurosz Civil Rights Defenders, Sweden
To Work As A Journalist Where Journalists Are Not Wanted
Editor-In Chief Gregory Shvedov, The Caucasian Knot, Russia
Journalist, ICIJ Committée Chair Minna Knus-Galán, YLE Finland
Are We Banging Our Democratic Head Against the Wall
- How to cope with social media and information bubbles.
Editor-in-chief Stefan Eklund, Borås Tidning, Sweden
Case: Making News. How reports from the same event would look in different media.
What Do We Actually Get To Know About Eachother?
Journalist Anders Mård, Finland / Russia
- Participating in ”Around the Samovar” on Monday at 18:00 is free of charge
- The conference dinner on Monday at 20:00 costs 50 €/person
- The seminar on Tuesday at 10:30-16:00 costs 25 €/person
Please register no later than April 30th, 2018.
Registration through the link below.
For more information: Project Manager Henrik Huldén, +358 (0)400 26 56 56, henrik.hulden(at)hanaholmen.fi