Welcome to a current webinar!
Time: Thursday 6 May 2021, 11.00 – 12.30 CET, 12.00 – 13.30 EET
What the Cultural Sector Can Learn from the Covid Period
– Realizing the Nordic Potential
Best practices of distribution and innovation in the Nordic cultural sector today will be the focus of this event. Which new methods can be use together with the existing ones and what have we learnt from the Covid period?
How can cultural institutions, media and private actors interact with an audience in the current and post-covid situation? There is no doubt that the pandemic has meant a tremendous acceleration of the digital presence of cultural events. Will digital transformation and live-streaming continue to play a vital role, as we believe? If so, will the technological base for communication alter the producer – audience relationship? Will we see new forms of theatre, music and art? How can we prepare for and guide this transformation and do we recognize the potential?
Municipal and state funding for culture does not yet seem to be positioned to catch up in the fast moving digital landscape. Would the Nordic cultural sector benefit from more cross-national digital collaborations between the many digital projects across the Nordic landscape? If so, why are we not seeing more of them? What can we do to help the process along in order to reach a Nordic audience, so they can benefit from the richness of cultural and artistic offering?
The discussion will be moderated by Lise Bach Hansen, Head of Programming, Live, talks & literature, Royal Danish Library, Copenhagen.
An inspirational case study of the project The Met Unframed, an immersive art experience produced by the Metropolitan Art Museum, New York. In this pioneering digital production, digitally rendered galleries and nearly 50 works of art from across The Met’s vast collection were presented in a virtual experience. Presented by the Metropolitan Art Museum.
PERSPECTIVES ON EXPERIENCES, OPPORTUNITIES AND THE FUTURE
- Marko Ahtisaari, Artistic Director, Helsinki Festival
- Laura Aalto, CEO, Helsinki Marketing
- Anders Beyer, CEO and Artistic Director, Bergen International Festival
- Anna Hildur Hildibrandsdottir, Filmmaker & Course Leader for Creative Industries, University of Bifröst
- Rasmus Øhlenschlæger Madsen, Development Director, Information
- Erik Rosales, Artistic Director/Innovation Leader, Digital Creation, Kulturhuset Stadsteatern Stockholm
- Ellen Wettmark, Executive Director, Bonniers Konsthall; Chairperson, The Swedish Arts Grants Committee
- Linda Zachrison, Special Government Investigator for the Restart of Cultural Life in Sweden
DISCUSSION AND QUESTIONS FROM THE AUDIENCE
The webinar is arranged with support from the Nordic Culture Fund.
Language: English, but comments and questions can also be written in Swedish or Finnish.
The event is free of charge, but you need to register in advance.
Please do so no later than 5 May 2021 at 15 PM (Finnish time), 14 PM (Swedish time/CET).
Everyone registered will receive a participation link closer to the webinar.
More information: Programme Director Victor Andersson, victor.andersson(at)hanaholmen.fi